Dane DeHaan is a marvellous enigma. He burns, resonates on screen, garnering critical acclaim as the controversial Beat acolyte Lucien Carr in Kill Your Darlings and widespread recognition as the Green Goblin in the Amazing Spiderman 2. But his Hollywood stature doesn't translate into ego. His is a face that has graced Prada campaigns, yet he exudes a guileless, boyish charm that works across the spectrum of a youthful turn as Rooster in Annie to James Dean handsome in Anton Corbijn's forthcoming Life. He mesmerises without being intimidating; he is cool yet present.
As the face of Another Man S/S15, we have already seen DeHaan in action on the set of his shoot with Alister Mackie and Willy Vanderperre in New York, but here we take a more psychedelic view, through a blissed out kaleidescopic swirl of Super 8 shot by Daniel Ortega of Studio 191. His interview with Bruce Wagner is a similarly exhilarating ride through his thoughts and dreams, so to accompany him as he performs for Vanderperre's lens, here we pick our favourite issue quotes.
1. "I guess I just let life happen and stick to my guns. I'm actually a really grateful person. I'm really pleased with how my life has gone."
2. "My favourite place is Paris."
3. "I love to golf but was never good enough to go pro. Golf is my meditation."
4. "If a friend's in trouble, they can come to me, but I'm not that good at giving advice. They can come to me for honesty and truthfulness but I'm not a worker-througher. They go to my wife for that."
5. "I'd like to be a dad. But right now, I'm a 'fur dad'. I have a dog that I treat like a human child."
Want more Another Man? Check out...