This season Another Man explores love, romance, desire and lust – and it is out right now
1. See Ben Whishaw in a sensual shoot photographed by Willy Vanderperre and Alister Mackie. Speaking to Claire Marie Healy, the actor – famed for his roles in Brideshead Revisited, A Very English Affair and, next, Dickens’ David Copperfield – explains why he thinks social media is making us less romantic.
2. Read an exclusive interview with one of fashion’s most extraordinary talents, John Galliano, who opens up to Alexander Fury about his vision for Maison Margiela. “It would just be too easy to have the boys wearing girls and the girls wearing boys,” he says. “That’s not what it is today. Find your own masculinity. Find your own femme. Define it yourself. And that’s what they’re doing today, and I’m so there.” In the accompanying shoot, Ethan James Green and Ellie Grace Cumming capture the genderless glamour of his A/W18 collection.
3. Lose yourself in a surreal and fantastical shoot by Tim Walker and Katy England. Teaming up once more, the photographer and stylist create another fashion extravaganza, this time set in the bucolic beauty of England’s green and pleasant land.
4. Get a glimpse inside the inner world of rock and roll’s great romantic Nick Cave who curates a 32-page Document filled with handpicked images, well-thumbed extracts, daydream scribblings and personal obsessions.
5. Preview Belgian artist Peter De Potter’s new book Vape Shop Olympia in a gallery of remixed work from the publication, which comes out on October 6. It’s “all about the now and present, about the things surrounding us rather than hiding inside of us,” he says.
6. Meet Hollywood’s passionate new prodigy Charlie Plummer – known for his role in last year’s hit film Lean On Pete – who opens up his first love, his secret loves and the one thing he wouldn’t do for love.
7. Get a closer look at the accessories from Virgil Abloh’s debut Louis Vuitton show, which are shot in a seductive story by Ilya Lipkin and Ellie Grace Cumming.
8. See a handpicked selection of erotic pieces by legendary collage artist Linder Sterling who, in the accompanying interview, talks punk and porn.
9. Marvel at Instagram artist Christopher Smith’s second series for Another Man, in which he realises six romantic heroes – all created entirely from his bedroom in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
10. Get a pull-out poster of Tim Walker and Katy England’s spectacular shoot for your wall.
The A/W18 issue of Another Man is available to buy now.