We are looking for an interim Project Manager for three months with potential for the role to become more permanent
NOWNESS is a multi-platform, global video channel for the culturally curious.
Providing an inimitable lens on Architecture, Design, Fashion, Art, Travel, Food and Lifestyle, NOWNESS has set the standard for what excellence in digital storytelling looks like for nearly a decade.
NOWNESS engages directly with the next generation of luxury consumer and influences the influential.
NOWNESS sits within DAZED Media, an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
Specialising in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications NOWNESS produces pioneering, award winning branded projects and exclusive events involving industry-leading talent. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Rimowa, COS, Safilo, Calvin Klein, Cartier, Mercedes, Fairmont, Louis Vuitton Fondation, BMW, GUCCI, Hennessy, MINI, Saint Laurent, Dior, Audi, Nike, Converse, Farfetch, Versace.
About the role: Project Manager, Branded Projects, NOWNESS
We are looking for an interim Project Manager for three months with potential for the role to become more permanent.
The Creative Partnerships team brings the creative, editorial, design and production capabilities of NOWNESS to clients. We work with a multitude of brands across all sectors building and delivering bespoke offering from video productions, through to seeding and activation of existing client content. Aligned with our advertising sales team, you will deliver a range of bespoke commercial projects ensuring successful planning, pricing, pitching and timely delivery of projects to clients.
Reporting to: Creative Partnerships Director
Terms: Three-month fixed-term contract
Office located at 2 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DA
Creative and dynamic working environment
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables: Pre-sale
- Bring together relevant creative teams from NOWNESS, commissioning editors, partnerships director, editors, production, and marketing & events departments to respond to project brief.
- Interrogate client briefs and apply knowledge of best practice to set clear objectives and roadmap project deliverables in correspondence with client objectives, audience and platform understanding.
- Issue call for response and facilitation of creation and delivery of pitch documents working in partnership with the creative and commercial teams.
- Lead internal creative meetings, set agendas, follow up on action items to meet project deadlines.
- Managing internal traffic of creative through the pitching, planning and production process from inception to final client sign-off
- Develop production timelines and communicate to clients ensuring agreement and sign off.
- Communicate production schedules to internal creative team, updating where appropriate when changes occur.
- Draft contracts and make amendments as directed by Creative Partnerships Director and Managing Editor to ensure compliance with rights, usage and legal requirements, finalising through client negotiation.
- Various admin tasks including meeting notes and actions, maintaining schedules, building case studies, proposals, briefs etc.
Post Sold & Delivery
- Monitor creative integrity to ensure delivery against agreed deliverables, keeping clients up-to-date through meetings, calls and sharing of project timelines.
- Maintain communication with clients, responding to feedback and sharing with internal team and external creatives.
- Manage costs during production through regular reporting from project team and updating of budget.
- Preempt issues as they arise and deal with them effectively, ensuring minimal impact on the client relationship.
- Establish strong relationships with clients to encourage trust and loyalty.
- Attend client update meetings preparing relevant documentation and reports.
- Oversee commissioning and ongoing communication with collaborators ensuring adherence to brief and deliverables.
- Manage workflow and input of creative team.
- Ensure each project has a signed contract and relevant documentation on file.
- Ensure invoices are sent to clients and payments have been received.
- Ensure detailed reconciliation of financials is done post all projects
- Manage creation of Project Report, Case Study.
- Archive all project budgets, contracts and assets.
- Reconcile project budget and report on financials to senior stakeholders.
- Attend project close / debrief meeting.
Skills, experience & personal attributes
- Previous experience working as a producer / project manager in a creative environment such as photo / video studio, agency or publishing house essential.
- Eager to manage projects spanning formats including digital, social, photography, editorial, film and events.
- Organised, reliable and time conscious.
- Able to work independently.
- Experience and skill at managing multiple commercial projects generating SOW, budgets, Gantt charts, contracts and SLAs concurrently.
- Experience working with luxury, lifestyle and fashion brands is preferable.
- Excellent communication and client service skills; you are comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable working as an independent, self-driven and productive member of a small, collaborative team
- Able to take direction, problem-solve and ask questions when necessary
- Personable and flexible with the ability to maintain focus and keep calm when working under pressure and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Passionate about film, fashion, arts and culture, with a keen understanding of the NOWNESS brand values, culture and heritage, and appreciation of the distinct market value we can offer to our clients.
- Ideally competent in MAC OSX, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Keynote, InDesign.
How to apply:
Email your CV and one-page cover letter in PDF format, together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role with Project Manager in the subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This role based in our London office.
** You must have the required visa to live and work in the U.K
*** No Agencies please.
**** This job post will remain live until we have filled the position.
Posting Date: 1st April 2019