We are looking for an editor to oversee all editorial strategy for Dazed Digital and all digital projects
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
About the role: Editor, Dazed Digital
The Digital Editor oversees all editorial strategy for Dazed Digital and all digital projects. The focus of the role is long term planning editorial, new launches, video output and tentpole moments, and overseeing day-to-day maintenance of the website, making sure Dazed continues to publish to a high editorial standard.
It is important for the Digital Editor to be across all digital editorial on a strategic level, rather than logistical website management, to make sure Dazed’s unique tone of voice is maintained on every platform and project. The role is also required to feed into the bigger budget commercial projects, where there is ongoing editorial output as part of a Dazed branded media campaign.
The role is also involved in implementing Dazed’s social first / social native strategy, working with editors every day to translate editorial ideas into new ways of social storytelling.
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables:
- Overall responsibility for Dazed Digital editorial
- Maintain and develop Dazed’s tone of voice across all platforms
- Create new formats for social and website
- Responsible for ensuring the traffic targets are hit each month, whilst using reports from our Data Manager, encouraging the team to achieve the monthly website traffic goals. Managing the section editors and wider team, holding one-on-ones to discuss the team’s individual role development, ensuring all commissions connect to the wider vision of the platform.
- Conducting and writing interviews
- Commissioning and writing features
- Delivering "digital cover moments" and editorial campaigns
- Commissioning and editing video alongside Film and Video Developer
- Delivering commercial and editorial campaigns such as Dazed 100
- Work closely with the Digital Advertising Director to plan and assist in the execution of commercial/editorial campaigns
- Working with Dazed Media’s CEO on new digital verticals, overseeing the editorial strategy and positioning
- Holding daily editorial meetings and weekly future planning and content review meetings with the team
- Managing editorial publishing schedule, and working with Head of Social Media to feed into the social publishing schedule
- Posting editorial straight to social and ensuring that the editorial team is also focussing on their social formats/targets as agreed with Head of Digital
- Developing Dazed video strategy with Film and Video Developer
- Running and managing the digital editorial team, helping them with edits, headlines, SEO
- Work closely with print team to create digital moments for each issue
- Representing Dazed Digital in commercial meetings and pitches when required
- Feeding in editorial ideas for bigger budget projects and proposals
- Drive development of the Dazed Daily newsletter to continually improve
- Work with Head of Digital to develop digital growth across new platforms
- The development of this role will depend heavily on both traffic targets and commercial campaign revenue growth
Skills, experience & personal attributes:
- Passionate about Dazed Media, with a strong understanding of Dazed’s editorial topics
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal/written, and able to offer constructive feedback to editorial team members
- Proven experience managing people/team
- Be self starting and positive, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative, ‘out of the box’ thinker, with excellent problem solving skills
- Super organised and meticulous with detail and able to juggle numerous tasks, with an oustanding approach to planning and scheduling editorial
- Interest in audience growth and results
How to apply
Email your CV and one-page cover letter in PDF format, together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in you r current role, to email@example.com with Dazed Digital Editor as the subject heading.
This is a full-time permanent role.
32 days annual leave per year, increasing to 37 days over five years.
The position is based in London at our creative and dynamic office on Arundel Street WC2.
You must hold the required visa to live and work in the UK. No Agencies please.
This job post will remain live until we have filled the position.
Posting Date: 10/04/2019