We’re looking for a Senior Media Planner to provide thoughtful and exciting recommendations for partnerships, search, social, display, and video, and execute them efficiently
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Swarovski.
About the role: Senior Media Planner, Dazed Media
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Partnerships, Search, Social, Display, and Video, working with the sales team and suppliers, and then expertly executing those recommendations. The team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized.
Reporting to Dazed’s General Manager, the Senior Media Planner will be responsible for creating media strategy for our clients. You will be required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of client businesses and ensure all client media requirements are answered through thoughtful media planning. You will also work closely with the sales and studio team to ensure you input into pitches and live projects.
You are expected to have experience using media tools, following best practices and a passion for seeking out new opportunities for clients. You organize/manage workflow; mentor junior team members to fulfill all media planning, analysis, and scheduling requests. To be successful, you must be proactive, organized, and a team player. You will also quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and work with the team to optimize performance on an ongoing basis.
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables:
- Understand the Dazed products in order to communicate effectively their ideas and extract what is required for client pitches.
- Develop strong and effective media plans based on sound strategies and research
- Cross check plans and all supporting documents ( IOs, billing docs). Work with the team and Finance to make sure we’re invoicing.
- Formulate, write, and present campaign/media recommendations
- Oversee day-to-day workload of Media Activation Manager who will be implementing the strategy.
- Utilize 3rd party research tools to develop target consumer profiles and identify strategic buying opportunities
- Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives and translate them into digital objectives/strategies
- Be happy to pitch and be client facing.
- Work with Analytics team to monitor, analyse, and report on campaign results and make regular recommendations on how to optimise paid campaign performance
- Remain abreast of the overall media marketplace and what opportunities are relevant to clients
- Work with the commercial partnerships team to develop integrated communication strategy for our client base.
- Leverage tools and research to develop insights and ideas.
- Plan and oversee execution of media plans as it pertains to assignment/agreed strategy.
- Work with our data teams to integrate digital expertise where required E.g. SEO, paid social.
- Develop strong relationships with your client, acting as key channel expert
- Lead end of month/quarter campaign wrap ups
- Regularly contribute to media best practices and campaign processes
- Develop and execute rigorous testing plans
- Craft actionable insights for weekly and quarterly reports
Skills, experience & personal attributes:
- Partnerships media planning experience
- Approximately 5-7 years experience in a digital media agency
- Passionate about Dazed Group
- Be able to communicate with clients on subjects outside your remit, and provide them with useful insight
- Experience and proven ability in delivering robust and profitable creative solutions to clients
- Knowledge of challenges for mobile & video in programmatic
- Experience with data integration projects
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables,, etc)
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends
- Strong understanding of optimisation levers & testing approaches
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great analysis skills (including quantitative analysis) and proven critical thinking capability
- Proven experience managing people/team
- Be self starting and positive
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative, ‘out of the box’ thinker, with excellent problem solving skills
- Super organised and meticulous with detail and able to juggle numerous tasks
How to apply
Email your CV and one-page cover letter in PDF format, together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role, to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Media Planner as the subject heading.
This is a full-time permanent role.
32 days annual leave per year, increasing to 37 days over five years.
The position is based in London at our creative and dynamic office on Arundel Street WC2.
You must hold the required visa to live and work in the UK.
No Agencies please.
This job post will remain live until we have filled the position.
Posting Date: 10/04/2019