AnOther Publishing are recruiting a Photographic Editor, seeking creative and industrious candidates with experience commissioning photographers and videographers, to work across AnOther Magazine, Another Man and anothermag.com.
The focus of this role will be selecting and commissioning photographers for shoots in AnOther Magazine, Another Man & Anothermag.com and to deliver branded commercial projects. The successful candidate will also dedicate time to researching and building relationships with established and emerging photographers and videographers to commission for the magazines, website and commercial projects.
This role involves managing photographic shoot production for AnOther Magazine and Another Man magazines considering creative and editorial briefs, adhering to budgets and timelines to deliver edits of exceptional quality and is a full-time position based on our offices in East London.
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables:
Photographic Commissioning & Production: Print & Digital
- Select and commission photographers for AnOther Magazine and Another Man magazines considering issue themes, shoot narrative and aesthetics.
- Produce photographic shoots for all editorial parts of the magazines communicating different photographic possibilities effectively to the Editor in Chief, Editor, Creative Director, Fashion Director and Fashion Editors.
- Research and secure image usages rights /copyright for front of house features and larger main features, music and archive pictures.
- Ensure that delivered images interpret the briefs discussed and are to the standard expected.
- Collate image credits for layout, fact and spell checking, ensuring formats are delivered according to copyright holder requirements and guidelines. - Work closely with the Photographic Producer to meet deadlines and manage edits.
- Check and sign off layouts for AnOther Magazine and Another Man Magazine.
- Express ideas for clarity and find creative solutions to production problems working closely with the Photographic Producer.
- Review Portfolios and Reels to develop talent list for Another / Man magazines, projects and anothermag.com
- Work closely with the print Production team to meet deadlines and manage teams expectations for delivery and content.
- Collaborate with the Online and Print Editors to commission current and exclusive photo and video content for Editorial and Creative Projects on anothermag.com.
- Commission all Fashion Week Photography, and for the duration receive and edit images according to brief by Web team.
- Attend all preliminary meets with Creative Solutions team
- Brainstorm ideas on confirmation of advertorial brief, suggesting photographers /videographers that will deliver on the brief creatively and within budget.
- Devise several editorial options for the advertising department to present to the client .
- Collate and update photographer list for advertorial / project proposals.
- Source examples of relevant past AnOther Magazine advertorials / project mock-ups in order to communicate an idea or concept as clearly as possible to the client.
Skills, experience & personal attributes:
- Passion for Photography, Film and Art.
- Minimum 3 years experience in print / magazine publisher ideally for a luxury fashion title or similar.
- Strong editorial and visual sensibility with a deep understanding and appreciation for Another Publishing's distinct editorial properties.
- Knowledgeable about photographers and videographers with a strong network of professional connections nationally and internationally.
- Experience and understanding of the technical aspects of photography and film and post-production processes.
- Professional proficiency in Photoshop, In Design, Excel and Word.
How to Apply?
- Please email your CV (2 pages maximum please) in PDF format with a short cover letter to jobs[at]dazedgroup[dot]com with Photographic Editor Role in the subject line.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 29th September 2014.
- This role is full-time and based in London. You must hold the required visa to live and work in the U.K. No Agencies Please.
For all editorial internship enquiries please contact Harry Pearce
For all fashion internship enquiries please contact Mhairi Graham