Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand
25 years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences. Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness. The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Swarovski.
About the role: Partnerships Director
Dazed Media are hiring a Partnerships Director who will head up Dazed’s creative partnerships with the world’s leading, luxury brands.
Reporting to: Publishing Director
Terms: Full-time role with competitive salary. 23 days annual leave plus public holidays. Office located on 2 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DA. Creative and dynamic working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of mainly fashion clients that represent the biggest revenue base for the company and build a personal relationship with decision makers
- Building a strong relationship with Studio and key editorial teams in order to communicate effectively their ideas and extract what is required for client pitches
- Identify commercial opportunities within client base, updating them on future plans and services within the company to ensure year on year sales are built upon
- Strong understanding of all aspects of key clients’ marketplace and business to inform creative strategy
- Pick up on any previously generated leads of briefs, work with creative team to give client’s solutions that work for their brand, presenting ideas in the most effective way and being able to close pitches
- Work with the Managing Director and Art Director to develop client-facing sales collateral to outline editorial or bespoke opportunities for the entire sales team
- Work closely with the Co-Founder and key editorial team to commercialise bigger editorial ideas
- Establish a target client base for these projects and leading the sales drive to make sure the right partner is found
- New business generation - keep an eye out on the market to identify any key new business for Dazed Media Studio
- Inspire and spearhead sales teams’ partnerships efforts and development, supporting them in senior meetings and ideas generation where needed
-Lead weekly Studio meeting with commercial team, ensuring that the department are on track to achieve Quarterly figures/targets
-Live projects - ensure partner contract terms and deliverables are adhered to and delivered
-Debrief clients on closed projects, ensuring that PCA is completed, presented and Y2 plan is outlined
-Develop personal strategy for partnership growth and liaise with necessary departments and teams to identify areas of development
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Experience and proven ability in delivering robust and profitable creative solutions to clients
- Experience in team management
- Proven track record in creating and delivering partnerships
- A personal network of high profile clients
- Enthusiasm and passion for Dazed’s editorial platforms and products
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communicator
- Creative, ‘out of the box’ thinker
- Thrives in a fast paced highly creative environment with ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Super organised and meticulous with detail and able to juggle numerous tasks
How to Apply
Email your CV and 1 page cover letter in PDF format letter, together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role to email@example.com with Partnerships Director in the subject heading
* This is full time role based in our London office. We are not considering remote or freelance candidates for this position.
** You must have the legal right to live and work in the U.K
*** No Agencies please.
**** This job post will remain live until we have filled the position.
Posting Date: 06th November 2017