We’re hiring a dynamic writer to cover breaking stories with fresh and exciting angles on Dazed Digital
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness. Through innovative technology solutions we connect with a loyal group of 50m+ influencers and early adopters around the world.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables
- Work with the Dazed Digital News and Features Editor to identify news stories we need to cover, as well as the fresh and exciting angles we can take.
- Actively pursue original news stories and scoops. Get on the phone and out of the office to report first hand wherever possible.
- Pitch reactive features, opinion pieces, and follow-up stories to the news of the day.
- Pro-actively review analytics and trending topics, and use that data to inform pitches.
- Aim to write 10 news stories and one feature per week.
- Contribute ideas and copy for social-first coverage.
- Storyboard videos for social.
- Provide live social coverage of events when necessary.
- Support the commercial team with commercial project activation
Skills, experience & personal attributes
- Experience of writing news in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Excellent editorial judgement on what makes an essential Dazed story.
- Experience of reporting news firsthand.
- Ability to write creatively, engagingly, and within the Dazed tone of voice.
- A generalist who has the ability to pitch compelling ideas on topics in all Dazed Digital sections, particularly Music, Film and TV, Science & Tech, Politics, and Life & Culture.
- Understanding of digital storytelling, social distribution and analytics.
- Confident working independently and productively as a member of a collaborative team.
- Open to sharing ideas, accepting constructive feedback to benefit you, your projects and your team.
- Full of passion, energy and enthusiasm.
- Great time management, attention to detail, and multitasking skills.
How to apply
Email your CV and 1 page cover letter in PDF format letter with details of your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role to email@example.com with ‘Staff Writer, Dazed Digital’ in the subject heading
You must have the legal right to live and work in the U.K
This job post will remain live until we have filled the position, posted February 2019
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.