We’re looking for a junior copywriter to support the Dazed Studio team in delivering strong editorially led responses to all briefs, ideating and informing projects and conducting in-depth research
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Apple, Beats by Dre, Burberry, Chanel, Converse, Gucci, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Swarovski.
About the role: Junior Copywriter, Dazed Studio
Editor, Dazed Media Studio
Full time role with competitive salary.
23 days annual leave plus public holidays
Office located at 2 Arundel Street, London, WC2R 3DA
Dazed Studio brings the creative capabilities of Dazed Media to commercial clients. We work with a multitude of brands across all sectors, building and delivering authentic co-branded and white label advertorials, content partnerships and events alongside bespoke content creation and creative consultancy.
You will work closely with Dazed Studio’s editor, strategist and creatives, supporting the team in delivering strong editorially-led responses to all briefs, ideating and informing projects and conducting in-depth research.
Duties, responsibilities and deliverables
- Work on editorial elements of projects for Dazed Studio under the direction of Dazed Studio Editor and Creative Director.
- Write, proofread, sub copy and commission copy when required.
- Work with Editor to ensure copy is on-brand and appeals to both client and Dazed Media audience.
- Provide support to Editor, Strategist and Creative Director during pitching stage and live project; contributing ideas for concept and activation, talent and mood board research.
- Work with Dazed Media social teams to keep up to date with news and share information.
- Develop and grow a network of contacts including writers, contributors, creatives and PRs.
- Stay up to date with commercial, social and luxury industry news, sharing relevant information with team.
- Work closely and develop relationships with all teams across Dazed Media.
- Attend client meetings and liaise directly with clients when required.
- Act as an ambassador for Dazed Studio.
Skills, experience & personal attributes:
- Proven editorial and social experience.
- A strong understanding of branded content and marketing.
- Excellent writing, subbing and editing skills.
- Passionate about digital storytelling and social distribution (including a basic understanding of analytics).
- Eager to respond quickly and comprehensively to briefs and client requests.
- Experience writing and editing for established websites and/or publications.
- Experience of commissioning contributors.
- Ability to devise and develop efficient and effective processes to manage varying workloads and time pressures.
- In-depth knowledge of the Dazed Media brand and publications (brand values, culture and heritage, tone of voice, teams, collaborator, aesthetic and relevant talent).
- Knowledgeable about new talent (influencers, creatives etc).
- Knowledgeable about the luxury and contemporary fashion, retail and beauty industry, particularly in a commercial space.
- Broad range of cultural interests across fashion, art and culture.
- Confident working independently and productively as a member of a collaborative team
- Open to sharing ideas, accepting constructive feedback to benefit you, your projects and your team.
- Proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Full of energy and enthusiasm and eager to work in a face-paced environment.
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements.
How to apply:
Email your CV and 1 page cover letter in PDF format letter with details of your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Junior Copywriter’ in the subject heading
You must have the legal right to live and work in the U.K
This job post will remain live until we have filled the position, posted February 2019