Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Swarovski.
About the role: Senior Project Manager, Dazed Media Studio
The Studio team brings the creative, editorial, design and production capabilities of Dazed Media to clients. Dazed Media Studio work with a multitude of brands across all sectors building and delivering bespoke offering from advertorials and microsites to events, video productions, seeding and activation of content, contract publishing and creative consultancy. Aligned with our advertising sales team you will deliver a wide range of bespoke commercial projects ensuring successful planning, pricing, pitching and timely delivery of projects to clients
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables: Pre-sale
- Bring together relevant creative teams from studio, editorial, photo, fashion, film, design, strategy and marketing & events departments to respond to project brief.
- Interrogate client briefs and apply knowledge of best practice to set clear objectives and roadmap project deliverables in correspondence with client objectives, audience and platform understanding.
- Gain and demonstrate knowledge of your clients’ businesses and brands
- Apply broad strategic thinking, questioning project response through editorial development and ideation.
- Issue call for response and facilitate creation and delivery of pitch documents working in partnership with the creative and commercial teams.
- Lead internal creative meetings, set agendas, follow up on action items to meet projects deadlines.
- Work in partnership with necessary departments to identify opportunities and encourage innovation in every aspect of the partnership’s offerings.
- Develop production timelines and communicate to clients ensuring agreement and sign off.
- Communicate production schedules to internal creative team, updating where appropriate when changes occur.
- Prepare forecast production budgets in collaboration with producers for sign off.
- Draft, review and approve contracts and make amendments as directed to ensure compliance with rights, usage and legal requirements.
- Effectively communicate the opportunity to the client. Show clear rational and consideration to reinforce the client’s understanding of the development and approach.
- Update senior internal stakeholders on creative development and client response.
- Attend pitch meetings
- Maintain an active role in management and nurturing junior projects team..
Post sold & delivery
- Monitor creative integrity to ensure delivery against agreed deliverables keeping client up to date through meetings, calls and sharing of project timelines.
- Maintain communication with client responding to feedback and sharing with internal team and external creatives.
- Manage costs during production through regular reporting from project team and updating of budget.
- Pre-empt issues as they arise and deal with them effectively, ensuring minimal impact on the client relationship.
- Establish strong relationships with clients, to encourage trust and loyalty.
- Attend client update meetings preparing relevant documentation and reports.
- Oversee commissioning and ongoing communication with collaborators ensuring adherence to brief and deliverables.
- Manage workflow and input of creative team.
- Ensure each project has a signed contract and relevant documentation on file.
- Ensure invoices are sent to clients and payments have been received
- Brief, review and approve Project Report/ Case Study.
- Reconcile project budget and report on financias to senior stakeholders.
- Archive all project budgets, contracts and assets.
- Attend project close / debrief meeting.
Skills, experience & personal attributes
- Previous experience working as a Senior Account / Senior Project Manager in a creative environment such as photo / video studio, agency or publishing house essential
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to manage conflicting views about a project or the direction of a project.
- Eager to manage projects spanning formats including print, digital, social, photography, editorial, film and events
- Demonstrable experience and skill at managing multiple commercial projects generating SOW, budgets, Gantt charts, contracts and SLA’s concurrently.
- A broad understanding of communication, audience and channel strategy
- An understanding of branding issues and trends and ability to contribute to brand solutions.
- Working knowledge of rights, usage and contract law as it applies to video / still productions with experience reviewing, drafting or redrafting agreements ensuring they are legally compliant.
- Excellent communicator and skilled negotiator with the ability to manage and build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels internally and externally.
- Informed and opinionated on publishing trends, competitor offerings and digital developments to assure we are always offering best in class services to clients.
- Strong network of professional and creative contacts in the U.K and abroad.
- Personable and flexible maintaining focus and keeping calm when working under pressure delivering to tight deadlines.
- Experience managing one or more juniors.
- Passionate about film, fashion, arts and culture with a keen understanding of the Dazed brand, values, culture and heritage and appreciation of the distinct market value we can offer to our clients
- Competent in MAC OSX, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Keynote, InDesign
Title: Senior Project Manager, Dazed Media Studio
Reporting to: Project Director
Terms: Full time role with competitive salary, 23 days annual leave plus public holidays.
Location: Office located on 2 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DA,
How to apply:
Email your CV and 1 page cover in PDF format letter, together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role. Please include links to any published work to email@example.com with Senior Project Manager, Dazed in the subject heading
* This is full time role based in our London office. We are not considering remote or freelance candidates for this position.
** You must have the required visa to live and work in the U.K
*** No Agencies please.
**** This job post will remain live until we have filled the position.