In celebration of Jennifer Lawrence's best actress Oscar at last night's awards, we revisit her interview in the S/S11 issue of AnOther Magazine, where Lawrence was one of four actresses celebrated as rising international A-list talent.
1. If you weren’t an actress you’d like to be
2. Your favourite films of all time are
a. Dumb and Dumber by the Farrelly Brothers
b. The Patriot by Roland Emmerich
c. Goodfellas by Martin Scorsese
3. The future is...
Always unknown, but I’m optimistic.
4. You can’t wait for
5. You want to learn how to
Snowboard. Well, I want to snowboard but I don’t want to be bothered with learning how.
6. The best birthday present you ever received was
A T-shirt that my friend had made that said “I passed out in Disneyland 07”. (I had heat stroke in Disneyland).
7. Something you find boring
Really bad plays.
In it ( ) Looking for it ( ) Will happen when it happens ( ) Rather not say (*)
9. Choose your most redeeming feature
10. You like surprises
Yes (*) No ( ) (But I’m impossible to surprise, I’m a detective).
11. What makes you laugh?
Typos. Like when people try to write “that” but they write “thar”.
12. What makes you cry?
Laughing and getting scared. It’s really embarrassing but I always laugh until I cry and if I get startled I cry.
13. You love your job
Yes ( ) No ( ) Sometimes (*)
14. Something about yourself you’d like to change
I’d like to think about things before I say them.
15. Someone from your past you’d like to thank
My teacher Mrs Meg.
16. What do you consider to be the greatest invention?
I guess the car.
17. The animal you most relate to is
A cat (*) A gorilla ( ) An eagle ( ) An aardvark ( ) (I like snuggling and sleeping).
18. The most important thing in life is
To know who you are.
19. If you were a shape you’d be
A triangle ( ) A square (*) A circle ( ) A dodecahedron ( )
20. What’s the best advice you’ve been given?
If you always tell the truth you never have to remember what you said.
21. An artist you admire is
22. Salted or sweet?
23. Something that changed your perspective?
Going to the Dominican Republic for two weeks when I was 16.
24. You are great company
Yes (*) No ( ) (I don’t know about for other people but I’m certainly good at entertaining myself).
25. What is your favourite food?
26. Five people you’d invite to your dream birthday party (dead or alive)
a. Jim Carrey
b. Will Ferrell
d. Steve Martin
e. The Queen of England (Just so I can say she showed up).
27. Your party trick is
I can lift one side of my lip and make it look like it’s on a string.
28. The place you feel most at home is
Home changes a lot but I’m like a fish and always feel at home in the water.
29. A memorable line from a play or film
“Do you listen? Or do you just wait to talk?” Uma Thurman, Pulp Fiction.